Wednesday, March 19, 2008

GOODBYE TO DOROTHY PARK........
Dorothy Park, my dance teacher for most of my youth, passed away on February 22, 2008 at age 94. Dorothy was an incredible influence in my life--and that of many young women in Santa Fe--because of her talent, creativity, and most especially, her generosity of spirit.
I tried to photograph some of the astonishing photos from the display at her memorial services to demonstrate the wide sweep of her life and accomplishments, but unfortunately, my photos are a very pale copy of the originals. This is baby Dorothy with her mother--who lived with Dorothy for the last twenty years of her life and who passed away at 100.
An adorable and precocious child.....
A demure and appealing ingenue.......
In her dancing days..............
We prepare for her services--time to say "Goodbye"....
Four of her dancing students at the memorial--Onnie, Jean, Tina and myself......
Picture from happier days--one of our summertime reunions on Dorothy's patio--Gina, myself, Michelle, Alice, Tina & Sylvia. All of us have been deeply inspired by having Dorothy in our lives. May she rest in peace--she has touched many, many lives......

No comments:

March has blown in "like a lion".  We'll see if she goes out "like a lamb"! Click on Image to enlarge calendar photo...