Wednesday, July 21, 2010

On Saturday night we proved to the world that we are in no way a 'cool couple" by failing to successfully juggle three parties in one evening. (more on that later.) But, this post is depicting the final event--the 60s Party that I had been so looking forward to......................In this photo, I have made my way back to Virginia's elegant Harrington Reunion party to show her my dress before we left to the next party. We are standing in front of Virginia's vintage jukebox that her husband had stocked with songs from the era when those in attendance had been at Harrington. Of course, we had to leave THIS party just as everyone was getting started dancing to the oldies..........
After getting lost finding the 60's party, we arrived pie-eyed just as most folks were leaving the 60s party.......................................(Far Out and Groovy HAS BECOME Dazed and Confused)


But our gracious flower-child hostess Tita made us feel very welcome--she even offered us some of the "special brownies"........................
These girls are just as beautiful as they were in the 1960s......................
This tie-dyed, bell-bottomed gent also had a long flowing hippie wig and he and his wife also had PEACE placard signs. I think they brought the "special brownies"......................
Johnny enjoyed trying on Dwight's old letterman jacket until I told him that Dwight's special claim to fame about his jacket was that it had never been cleaned........................
Melvin and his girlfriend enjoying the evening................
I enjoy catching up with the parents of one of my favorite former students.............................
"Don't fight girls! There's enough of me to go around......................"
My treasured 60s dress that is truly from the 1960s. I wore this dress in high school and my girls have worn it to 60s parties in San Francisco, New York, Japan and Scotland! I just got it back and mended some wear from some pretty hardy partying. It's like seeing an old friend again.........................

AND A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL!................................

No comments:

April showers may come your way....because April 2024 now is here..... Click on image to enlarge calendar photo for April 2024. Cl Click on ...