Sunday, August 03, 2014

 MORE HI JINX FROM RANCHO DE LOS GOLONDRINAS

It's summertime at Rancho de Los Golondrinas...

 And I'm back again in my volunteer duties.  These photos were taken shortly after we got back from San Francisco, and I am still sporting the black eyes and bruises from my accident in that lovely city by the bay......
I'm in the Placitas kitchen, and Bob is explaining the intricacies of this site to a tour of youngsters....

 I am enjoying his lecture and continue shucking corn.....

 Hearing other volunteers is most helpful to me in terms of information and approach......
 After a few hours, I take a break from my "neighborhood" of the Placitas courtyard and....
 I'm off on the well beaten path....
 Past some flooding from recent rains....
 And a bevy of remembrance crosses...
Past the village smithy....

And down a leafy lane to.....
 The village schoolhouse where my friend Margurite is minding the "store"...
 And yet again, I'm playing the dunce....
Because Margurite is wielding the "board of education"......
After a lovely visit, it's off again down the country roads.........
 Back to the torreon near my assignment of the day....
 And I have the rest of the afternoon to enjoy this part of the ranch.....
 A few days later, I'm back and find a new crew of volunteers--like this gentleman spinning wool.....
 And I am back in the placitas kitchen.....
 It's warm today, a typical Cienega summer's day......
 But it's cool in the kitchen....
 Where I am awaiting our visitors for the day....
 Yet another Bienvenidos buddy who also volunteers here as well....
 No Bob, so the cemetery by the morada is lonely and silent today....

 Not so in the placita, where the spinners and weavers enjoy some chatting.....
 Mary impresses Michael with her latest woven work....
Barbara works on her colcha embroidery
 So as another lazy day passes by in beautiful La Cinega....

 
I invite ALL of you gentle readers to visit this living museum for a fun, informative and relaxing day at El Rancho de Los Golondrinas.......

No comments:

April showers may come your way....because April 2024 now is here..... Click on image to enlarge calendar photo for April 2024. Cl Click on ...