Sunday, July 19, 2009

Weight Watchers sponsored a challenge this spring to train via a walking routine and walk a 5K Walk between June and August. I have been mapping my route by walking to my Thursday meetings at the Santa Fe Women's' Club. By adding a walk around the park, the Federal Oval, and the Plaza in addition to the straight shot up Old Santa Fe Trail, I have charted a walk of just over the 3.1 miles required. Today is my day to make the walk that "counts"........
At home I am leaving a gorgeous June garden--note the illuminated heart of a pale peony.....

And a stately iris--this variety is called "Blue It Up"................

The peony is the glamour girl of the late spring garden...........

Two deep pink peony sisters............
A bi-tone peony peeks out from some lush greenery..........
Back home again after my meeting! With the 3.2 miles to the meeting and the over 2 miles home (without the extra turns about), I have walked almost six miles! Since this meeting in the beginning of June, this has become my weekly routine...........

No comments:

April showers may come your way....because April 2024 now is here..... Click on image to enlarge calendar photo for April 2024. Cl Click on ...