Sunday, February 03, 2008

Barack Obama has inspired me to get involved and try to make a difference. This is the first time I have felt this hopeful since I was a little girl and John F. Kennedy was our president.
I left to the Santa Fe Community College at 2:00pm for a 7:00pm speech. When I got there, there were already several hundred people waiting--about 100 in line and another 100 volunteers, like myself, to work the event.
Folks were willing to wait for a very long time to see Barack Obama....
The Secret Service men were a lot of fun! My position was right next to this blue draped area from where Barack Obama would enter the room.
My duties included helping to seat the physically handicapped and VIP/Volunteer Section.
This is a huge crowd! The Fire Marshal closed this room at 3,600 capacity. There was also an over-flow room with a big monitor screen and about 2,000 outside who never got in. Barack Obama spoke briefly to them on his way into the building. There were countless others, like Dwight, who couldn't even get close to the Community College because of the massive traffic jam.
The crowd is eager...
I'm through with my ticket-taking duties, and am totally psyched!!
The originator of the volunteer group in Santa Fe makes the introductions....
Finally, IT'S BARACK!!!!

No comments:

April showers may come your way....because April 2024 now is here..... Click on image to enlarge calendar photo for April 2024. Cl Click on ...